Monday, August 22, 2011

Tune In Tuesday {7} - 90's Edition Pt. 3

Tune In Tuesday is a fun weekly post hosted by Ginger at GReads.  It's a great way to see what kind of music other people are loving.  I’ve seen these around and just had to join in the fun.



G decided to make August 90s edition and I am loving it!




There are two songs that I listen to that always transport me back to the 90s.  The first is The Freshman by The Verve Pipe. This song was released my freshman year of high school (1996) and I've loved it ever since. 




This next song always reminds me of a summer I spent in Kentucky hanging out with my (older) cousin. She could drive and whenever we'd get in the car we'd crank up Killing Me Softly by the Fugees. I love love love this cover of the song. There's one that plays on the radio at work and I have a hard time singing along because it just doesn't sound right.




Hope you've enjoyed my picks. Leave some of yours in the comments below.

14 comments:

Anne said...

I love Killing me softly- great pick!

Ginger @ GReads! said...

That's so funny b/c Killing Me Softly reminds me of riding around in the car with my friend one summer. We thought we were so cool b/c she had her license. Never having a place to go, we'd just drive & drive while blaring this song. Haha!

Katelyn said...

I love, love, love the comment you left on my blog Mandie :) I am running out of time so I do not get to do the same for you (sorry!) but thanks for all the creativeness anyways! I love your picks. The Freshman is such a great song. As for Killing Me Softly, not one of my favorites but every once in a while it is a great song to listen along to!

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

Great picks! Love The Verve Pipe lead singer's voice. Loved the Fugees and Lauryn Hill. I'm just sad that's she's gone off the deep end.

Jamie Manning said...

Killing Me Softly is awesome! Lauryn Hill is an amazing singer, and this song rocks!

Melanie_McCullough said...

Awesome picks! The 90s rocked!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

The Fugees! :) WOW! :) Great choices for this week!

Tee said...

Mmmm..the Verve.....how I miss them..and this song...

Sash and Em said...

I hear these songs on 90's on 9 all the time!

Check out our AWESOME giveaways!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thanks all! Lovin' the 90s!

Unknown said...

Killing me softly is great!
my tune in: http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/08/tune-in-tuesday-90s-edition_23.html

Unknown said...

Great picks! I hadn't heard of the Verve Pipe before and loved that song, thanks for playing it! I'm a new follower btw :-)

Litza said...

'96 was my freshman year, too! I love this song. OMB, I nearly forgot about Killing Me Softly, too! Nice picks!

Anita Grace Howard said...

Great music! OMG, the Verve. LOVE them. I have to admit that I like the original Killing Me Softly more than the Fugee rendition. But can't remember who sang it offhand. Hmm. Fun post!

Post a Comment