Sunday, August 14, 2011

Post-Apocalyptic/ Dystopian Challenge Book 1

I'm joining in the fun of the Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Challenge!  The challenge is to read 15 Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian books between June 27th 2011 and June 27th 2012.  The challenge was started by Books Ahoy  It's my first book challenge (well, aside from the one I set for myself on good reads).

I finished my first book for this challenge last weekend and forgot about posting!  Better late than never, I guess.  

The first book I read was Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking.  Here's a description from goodreads.

"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."

Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

This is my first zombie book and I must say, I LOVED it!  I can't wait for the next book in this series to come out.  I'm also anxious to read more zombie books after this one.  



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the challenge. I, sad to say, have never read a zombie book. I KNOW! right? I have also never read any of Hocking's books. Your post feels serendipitous--I now know of a book that can kill these two birds with one stone.

Melanie_McCullough said...

I haven't read this one yet, but it sounds awesome. I actually haven't read any Amanda Hocking yet. I've been meaning to check her out. May as well start with a zombie book, right?!

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

I have yet to read a zombie book myself. Le gasp! I would like to read Amanda Hocking someday. The synopsis sounds a lot like the movie Zombieland, LOL.

Post a Comment