Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tune In Tuesday {6} - 90s Edition Pt 2!

Tune In Tuesday is a fun weekly post hosted by Ginger at GReads.  It's a great way to see what kind of music other people are loving.  I’ve seen these around and just had to join in the fun.

Last week G decided to kick of a 90s theme for Tune In.  I was so excited when I heard this.  And she to extend it another week!



This week I decided to pick songs from some of my favorite 90s movies!


(Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - 1991
I love Bryan Adams!  Summer of 69, Can't Start This Thing We Started, Do I Have to Say the Words (DIHtStW is one of my favorite songs, just go listen to it and you'll see).  Basically his whole "So Far So Good" album is incredible.

Have a Little Faith In Me - John Hiatt - Benny & Joon - 1993
This is one of my all time favorite movies and this is such a great song. While I love this entire movie, one of my favorite parts is when he swings past the window, which is shown in this video.  If you haven't seen this movie, you're missing out.


Insensitive - Jann Arden - Bed of Roses - 1996
As you can tell, I love Christian Slater (Untamed Hearts is another favorite movie of mine).  And this song, Insensitive, screams 90s and summer!  Just love it!

Hope you've enjoyed some of my favorite 90s movies and music!


11 comments:

Marissa said...

Great song picks! Definitely brings back some memories! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Tuesday blog. :)

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Oh wow.. I haven't thought about the movie Bed of Roses in a LONG time. I still have the vhs of that movie somewhere, haha. Do you remember Independent Love Song from the movie? I played that one A LOT.

Katelyn said...

I LOVE your idea about choosing songs from your favorite 90's movies. That is such a great idea!!! I will watch Benny and Joon only because I love that song so very much. I have the Mandy Moore cover on my iTunes but nothing beats the original!

Book Crook Liza said...

Great song picks! Insensitive and Everything I Do!

Jamie Manning said...

Awesome picks! I am so loving this 90s edition of Tune in Tuesdays...it's making my Tuesdays rock! =)

Tee said...

I love Benny and Joon!!!

Unknown said...

God... Bed of Roses.... I catch that movie every now and then on tv and still swoon over it! Great picks!

Litza said...

Oh my word, I LOVE Benny & Joon! I actually just tweeted yesterday how all day I had wanted to watch it. Sadly, my copy isn't with me at the moment. And the Three Musketeers? Love! lol. Thanks for sharing! :)

Aubrie said...

Great songs! I especially love the song from Robin Hood (although Kevin Costner is not my fav). Christian Slater actually looks pretty hot in that movie IMO!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thanks all. And yay for Benny & joon lovers! Such a great movie!

Melanie_McCullough said...

I <3 you even more now. I love all these songs/movies. We really do have a lot in common.

Post a Comment