Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm Halfway There!


I've reached the halfway mark of my WIP, Dream Weaver (working title) and let me tell you. It. Feels. GOOD! I made it to just over 30,000 words this weekend. Considering I started from scratch in June, I'd say that's pretty darn good (see post about that here). I changed the characters age, names, surroundings, everything. I've used a scene or two from the original, but still that had to be reworked to fit my new MC's. And this go around I'm doing split POV's, alternating chapters between Megan and Mason. I love it, couldn't be happier with it (well, okay, I could if it was done, but soon.  Very soon). 

I have to give a big thank you to all the people who have read, made suggestions, and helped critique this bad boy into the shape it's in. So very grateful for those I've asked and the few who have asked me about it (not naming any names just in case, but you know who you are).

I can't wait to be able to do a blog post that reads I'M DONE (hoping less than a month, but not holding my breath)! Although I know it'll still need to be edited and revised, it'll be a great feeling.


Don't forget about my contest! It ends tomorrow at midnight. 

4 comments:

Melanie_McCullough said...

Yay!! So proud of you. You'll be finished in no time.

Katelyn said...

Mandie, I am so proud and excited for you! After reading that first chapter (and very soon the next couple ones!) I just know your book is destined for great things! Keep on working!

Kelley said...

Major congrats on the milestone! Best of luck, and I'm still crossing my fingers for <3 Story :)

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

Yay!! Congrats!! You are speedy :)

Post a Comment