Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF {6}


TGIF is a fun post created by Ginger at GReads.  It’s to recap what you’ve posted about through the week and then Ginger asks a fun question.

Friday, August 12th - Author Block Party: If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose?

I was originally going to go with five authors (really, the list could go on forever) since there are five fingers on a hand (handful) but then got down to it and had to add one more (let's just say I'm using the six fingered man's hand to count on).  And these are listed in no particular order (my OCDness made me use alphabetical order so so these aren't listed as favorites, that would be mean).
James Patterson - Because he is an amazing writer!  I have not read a book of his and not liked it.  It would be interesting to see where he gets his ideas from.  I also love the fact that he wrote the first Daniel X book in hopes of getting his son to read.  Daniel X is one of my favorite series. 
Karsten Knight - Why wouldn't you want Karsten at your author party?  Just watch one of his vlogs and you'll see.  He's hilarious.  Rocks the Hawaiian shirt.  Most of all, he's an awesome writer.  It only took a page and I was already caught up in the story, not wanting to stop reading.  And hello!  He's from BOSTON!  Home of the Red Sox.  That alone gives him two thumbs up!
Maggie Stiefvater - A friend told me I needed to read Shiver, so I did and loved it.  Then I had to wait a few weeks for Linger, that was painful.  The ending left me wanting more.  Then I could not wait for Forever to release.  A year came and went and I loved Forever.  But again I was still left wanting more.  I would invite her in hopes that she'll assure me everything worked itself out after the book ended.
R.L. Stine - Hands down #1 on my list.  I grew up reading his books.  I remember the first Fear Street book I read.  I can tell you about most of them (it's been ages since I've read any).  
Stephenie Meyer - Raise your hand if you have not heard of Mrs. Meyer.  I bet 95% of you with your hands up are lying!  There are two things I want to ask her.  The first I wouldn't ask, but hope she'd maybe mention it in casual conversation (I fear asking would push the date back).  But I want to know when (if) Midnight Sun will be released (for those who don't know what MS is, it's Twilight from Edward's POV).  The second is when will we get more books in The Host series, like actual dates!  Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight.  I've read it four times and will read it again.  But I LOVE The Host MORE than Twilight.  To me it is the perfect book.  I can't wait to see what they do with the movie.
Veronica Roth - Divergent is hands-down my favorite dystopian book and favorite book of the year.  I read it in about a day and a half.  I just couldn't put it down.  Now that Forever is out, (one of) my next anticipated book is Insurgent.  And I'm going to extend her invitation to a plus one in hopes that she'll bring Four.

These are just a few of mine.  I stuck with published authors just so I wouldn't be here all day.  There are so many more talented people that are not on this list.

8 comments:

Katelyn said...

I LOVE all of the authors that you chose. I have note read anything by R.L. Stine or James Patterson but I will take you word on it that they are awesome. I am also so glad I am not alone in thinking that The Host trumps Twilight. I love, love, love that book!

Jamie Manning said...

That is one awesome list, and I have to say I'd love to sit down with all of them, too. JP is an excellent author and his books read so fast...and he's the master at chapter cliffhangers!

And of COURSE Stephenie Meyer!

And Karsten Knight would be the life of the party (plus he's nice to look at!)

Logan E. Turner said...

I need to watch one of those Karsten Knight vlogs now! Great picks. :)

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

Great list! I was at B&N the other day and I ALMOST got The Host. Dang it, I wish I had! Next time I will for sure. And Divergent. It's another one I want to read, but just haven't gotten around to purchasing it. Thanks for motivating me to get these books!

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

By the way, for some reason your blog wasn't on my Google Reader!! I'm SO sorry I've been missing your blogs lately. I'm such a schmo.

Cheyanne said...

Excellent choices! I would add Sarah Dessen and then I'd invite myself of course, LOL

Melanie_McCullough said...

Love it! If Four is going to be there, I want an invite!!!

Mandie Baxter said...

JP is great Jamie! Katelyn, must read.
Keri, read the host!
Oh, yes, Cheyanne, yes. SD is a hood one.
Mel, of course you're invited!

Post a Comment