Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's Up Wednesday?! In Which Not Much Happens

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk as a way for writers to keep in touch by sharing what they've been up to. Be sure to link up on their site if you want to join in on the fun. 



What I'm Reading

Reading has slowed down a bit. I read two MS's for friends over the last week and a half. Started and finished ONE TWO THREE by Elodie Nowodazkij. I finishe We Were Liars yesterday. Wow. Just wow. If you haven't read it, do.

What I'm Writing

Still working on my WIP. I'm right around 45K. I've  signed up to participate in Ready? Set. Write! this summer. If you haven't heard of it, check out this blog post for more info.


What Inspires Me Right Now

That if I finish my daily word count early I can read on my lunch and relax at night.

What Else I've Been Up To

A whole lot of not much. And that suits me just fine after the craziness that was last month. Reading, writing and hanging out with the family. Kiddo had his last TBall game for the season (and ever, coach pitch next year) followed by the party/trophy ceremony.










So what have you been up to?

14 comments:

Melanie Crouse said...

I love what inspires you! That would inspire me too. I'm going to need to think on adding that kind of a reward into my life...Have a great week!

Jessica said...

Wow! You're getting a lot of reading done! Good luck with your writing goals!

Miss Cole said...

Good luck with your RSW goals :D

Jaime Morrow said...

I had much the same reaction to WE WERE LIARS. Such a good book. And very unique. Elodie's book is up next for me. As one of her CPs I've read versions of it, but not the final, so I'm pretty excited. Have a great week, Mandie!

laboyden said...

Congrats on reaching your goal. Getting work done is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing :D

Melanie Stanford said...

I have both WE WERE LIARS and ONE TWO THREE on my TBR. Can't wait to read them.

Erin L. Funk said...

I have WE WERE LIARS on hold at the library, and I hope it comes in soon! I've heard so much raving about it, so I'm super curious to see what all the fuss is about! I love that you reward yourself with reading for finishing your daily word count. If I didn't write so late at night, I'd do that too. Glad to hear things have settled down for you! Enjoy your extra relaxation time!

Katy Upperman said...

Yay for WE WERE LIARS! And here's to some downtime. I don't think I'm going to leave my house tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited about it. :-) Best of luck hitting that word count goal every day!

Mandie Baxter said...

You should!! Makes it that much sweeter when you finish!

Mandie Baxter said...

Very unique. Fun twisty read. Loved it.
I love seeing books change as they go! I read samples of it a while ago. So good to see it complete.
Thanks!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thank you!!

Mandie Baxter said...

Hope you enjoy, they're both great for different reasons.

Mandie Baxter said...

I love days where I don't have to leave my house!!! Enjoy it. And thank you.

Mandie Baxter said...

I wanted to know too!! I was skeptical at first but well worth sticking to it.
It helps to have something to look forward to.
And thank you!

Post a Comment