Monday, June 16, 2014

Ready? Set. Write! 2014 Week 1


Ready? Set. Write! is a way for writers to keep in touch with each other and keep themselves accountable to the goals they set. This year it's hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk. Check out their blogs for more details and be sure to link up each week.

1). How I did on last weeks goals?

Wrote 7K this week (didn't write Saturday but doubled up Sunday). I didn't read 1-2 books this week...I read 4! I know, crazy. No beach trip yet we did go to the river today. It's not as pretty as the beach, but it is a body of water. And it did give me ideas for a future WIP.

2). My goals for this week

Same as last. Write at least 1K a day, read 1-2 books this week and make a beach trip. Weather permitting kiddo and I are going Saturday morning.

3). A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised



"It’s not the storm you worry about. It’s not when the wind blows that you should be scared. It’s after. And the destruction it leaves behind."


4). The biggest challenge I faced this week

The weekend, mainly Saturday and Sunday morning. I had to cram in all my words Sunday night. But I got it done!

5). Something I love about my WIP

Baby sea turtles. I mean...who doesn't love baby sea turtles?


24 comments:

karyne norton said...

I love that line! Way to go on getting your words in even if it was last minute. =) Have fun at the beach!

Alison Miller said...

That line is amazing! Also, that picture. I LOVE sea turtles! Congrats on meeting your goals this week! I'm so jealous of all the reading, but good for you!

Katy Upperman said...

I love baby sea turtles! So cute! Also, the line you shared is excellent. Totally makes me want to read more. Best of luck with this week's goals, lady!

ELAdams said...

I love baby sea turtles! And that line is awesome. :) Good luck this week!

Crystal said...

Great line! Congrats on meeting your goal last week, sounds like you were crazy productive. Jealous of your speedy writing and reading time!

Good luck this week, and maybe next week we'll get a WIP line about those baby sea turtles? Please? :)

Melanie McCullough said...

I'm loving that line so much!! Good job!

Jaime Morrow said...

Love the line you shared, Mandie! And 7K is pretty darn fantastic. Good job! Hope you have an equally productive week this week! :D

laboyden said...

you are on fire! Congrats on surpassing your goals. Thanks for sharing.

Erin L. Funk said...

Wow, you had a super productive week! That's a great line you shared from your story, and I love that there are sea turtles in your WIP. They're so adorable! Hope have just as much success with meeting your goals this time around! :)

amy said...

Congrats on meeting your writing goals! That's a cute picture of a baby sea turtle. Have a great writing week!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thanks so much!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thank you. Not sure how I did it. Awesome books I guess. Couldn't stop.

Mandie Baxter said...

Aren't they the cutest?! And thanks Katy. I'll let you read whenever you want!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thank you! Might be a week before I get to a baby sea turtle. They haven't hatched yet. But when they do I'll share!!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thank you!' <3

Mandie Baxter said...

Thanks so much Jaime!!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thank you!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thank you!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thank you so much Erin!!

Jamie Manning said...

Awesome line, MB! And yes, everything's better with baby sea turtles. ;-)

Dani Duck said...

Good line! Oh my son keeps bugging me to go to the beach. It keeps being rainy every day I'm able to go so maybe next week!

Mandie Baxter said...

Thanks Jamie!! <3

Mandie Baxter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandie Baxter said...

Good luck! Hoping for no rain here.

Post a Comment