Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF {18} Must Reads of 2012

TGIF is a fun post created by Ginger at GReads.  It’s to recap what you’ve posted about through the week and then Ginger asks a fun question.


Friday, Jan. 13th - 2012 Must Reads: Which books are at the top of your list to be read this year (new or old releases)?


Top of my list. Wow. That's a hard questions! First will be Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (release date May 22, 2012). Though I've read this book as an ARC (and a few drafts before it was ever picked up to be published), I can't wait for it to be a REAL LIVE BOOK and available for all. Yeah, you'll be hearing about this book from me A LOT until it releases. Can't even tell you how proud I am of my sister-in-law!


Two other must read books are due out in May 2012. Both on May 1st to be exact. Shine by (the amazing) Jeri Smith-Ready. After the YA crush tourney last summer, Ginger and Jamie convinced me to read Shade and Shift and I am SOOO thankful. Love these books and can't wait for the final book. Then there's Insurgent by Veronica Roth due . I LOVED Divergent and can't wait for the sequel.


Two more books due on the same day (April 24th) by a couple of friends. So excited for them and their journey to the  shelves. Blood Born by (one of my amazing critique partners) Jamie Manning and Oldsoul by (a great friend) Dan Haring


Summer 2012...Something Like Normal by (the super friendly) Trish Doller, Surrender by Elana Johnson.


Books out in the fall...The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore, Shatter Me #2 by Tahereh Mafi, Outpost by Ann Aguirre, Matched #3 by Ally Condie. 


A book that is out that I MUST own...Where Things Come Back by (the hilarious) John Corey Whaley


Books I already own..., The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, The Summer Series by Jenny Han (though still need 3rd), The Maze Runner series by James Dashner, The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld...and many, many more! I really just want to read a lot of great books this year.


I think I have a good mix...Dystopian, SF, Paranormal, Contemporary...And I know I'm forgetting some....so what are some of the books your can't wait for?




5 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

wow you have an AMAZING year of books ahead of you!!!! We we're anticipating a lot of the same ones :) Also.. WTCB, Perks, & Summer series: MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW!!!!!

starryeyedjen said...

Shine and Insurgent....EEEEKKK! And they both come out on my birthday!!! :D I'm ready for some more Zachary and Four!!!

Great picks all around!

Jamie Manning said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the shout out, MB! You're the best! :)

Alexa S. said...

I'm definitely excited for Insurgent as well. I loved the whole world and story of Divergent, and I'm dying to have more Four in my life!

Katelyn said...

Gosh, all of your books choices are awesome! I hope you get to read all of them, heck I even hope I get to read all of them! Are you ready to fight for Four's affection this time around?;)

Post a Comment