Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What's Up Wednesday?! In Which I Start Box Camp

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk as a way for writers to keep in touch by sharing what they've been up to. Be sure to link up on their site if you want to join in on the fun. 



What I'm Reading

I finally finished I'll Give You The Sun. It was just as good as everyone has been saying! I can't wait to read it again. I also read Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn (very cute) and That Summer by Sarah Dessen. I've decided to do a monthly recap of all the books I read each month and I posted June's yesterday.

What I'm Writing

You can see what I'm writing on my Ready? Set. Write! post this week here.


What Inspires Me Right Now

Jaime and Erin had an awesome idea about using this section to say what inspires us and what we love about YA. I thought it was a great idea so I'm getting on board.

The diversity and acceptance. I don't read a ton of adult books but I feel like what I do read there isn't as much diversity as there is in the young adult books I read.a And I think that's important for any age, not just young adults. Everyone needs to learn what it means to be different and how we can work together and be better as people.

What Else I've Been Up To

Box camp. Or cross fit I guess. It's called Box Camp but does a lot of cross fit stuff. But basically a group workout. I've been to three classes so far and sort of love it. It starts with a mile or so of walking and a few exercises followed by the workout of the day and then a cool down. Each class is different which I find to be a good thing. Keeps me on my toes and keeps it entertaining. It's hard work and, although its at 4:45 AM (yes..AM!) it's still HOT! Gotta love Florida!

Kiddo and I had a busy weekend while my husband worked. We went to the post office and library on Saturday. He got to play learning games on the computers for a while and then checked out a few books. Then Sunday the two of us went to the beach early in the morning before stopping at the spray ground park and then heading home.

Other than that it's been work and reading and writing.

What have you been up to?

1 comments:

Jessica Leake said...

I'm so impressed with Box Camp! I can't believe you're waking up that early in the morning--you're seriously my hero, Working Mama :). I'll Give You the Sun sounds really good; I'll have to add it to my Greads.

Post a Comment