Monday, August 18, 2014

Ready? Set. Write! Week 10


Ready? Set. Write! is a way for writers to keep in touch with each other and keep themselves accountable to the goals they set. This year it's hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk. Check out their blogs for more details and be sure to link up each week.

1). How I did on last weeks goals?

NAILED IT! Revisions for WHEN THE WIND BLOWS are DONE! Also, that query I dreaded...I have a pretty good one right now that's to a few writer friends! Two who participate in RSW (thank you ladies) and one who doesn't but might read this (so thank you).

2). My goals for this week

Read, read, read. I only managed to read one last week and it was 2/3 done when by the beginning of the week. Also fix anything my CP finds when she reads over the last 8 chapters of WTWB.

3). A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

“I can’t promise you forever, not now. But I can promise that I won’t walk away. That I’ll be here for you as long as you’ll have me. I left once, I won’t do it again. From here on out, it’s up to you.”

Grayson, the love interest in When The Wind Blows.

4). The biggest challenge I faced this week

Needing sleep. I can't tell you how many times I feel asleep with the lap top on the bed and the lights on. Oops.

5). Something I love about my WIP

That it's done. Maybe not 100%. Because is it ever? But for now, it's done. And I'm (mostly) happy with it.

2 comments:

Katy Upperman said...

Oh, man... That excerpt has this romance lover swooning! Congrats on finishing your revisions and your query. Fingers crossed that this story finds tons of success!

Jessica Leake said...

So happy you finished your revisions--just in time for Pitch Wars!! I'll be cheering you on! Now to get to work on those last few chapters of yours ;)....

Post a Comment