Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tune In Tuesday {36}

Tune In Tuesday is a fun weekly post hosted b Ginger at GReads.  It's a great way to see what kind of music other people are loving.  We're back in a "theme" month. March is all about book soundtracks. Either songs that remind you of the book or songs from the authors playlist.


For the last week of book playlist month I'm going with another Three Days Grace song, though I'm not talking about my book this time. Back in 2010 the movie Dear John was set to release in February. I was dying to see it, but wanted to read the book first. I knew I wouldn't make it to the theater, so I had a few months before the movie hit DVD. Right around the same time I was going to see Three Days Grace in concert (along with Breaking Benjamin and Flyleaf). I had been listening to their Life Starts Now album over and over. What does one have to do with the other? The themes of their song Last to Know and Dear John seemed so similar that one day while reading the book and listening to the album, that song in particular, I broke down in tears. Now every time I hear that song I can't help but think of that book/movie. And, if you're wondering, I do prefer that movie over the book. It's all in the ending. 




Also be sure to enter my giveaway!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of either of Dear John's endings, book or movie. I have to admit, I did like the movie better, though. Amanda Seyfreid was great. Gotta love Three Days Grace!


My Tune In pick is here.

Anonymous said...

Pretty awesome song!! :D I quite liked it.
Though I haven't seen Dear John or read the book

Katelyn said...

I am soooo happy you agree with me about the book/movie thing! I think with John's relationship w/his dad, I like the book better but when it comes to Savannah, the ending of the movie makes it much better. Love the song!

Post a Comment