TGIF is a fun post created by Ginger at GReads. It’s to recap what you’ve posted about through the week and then Ginger asks a fun question.
Friday, Oct. 21st - Book Blogs That Make You Smile: Pick 5 book blogs you visit often & think others should, too.
OH! I love this question and it's EASY! I'm doing this alphabetically because no one is better than the other (click on name for twitter feed and blog name for blog link).
1. Ashley from Books from Blah to Basically Amazing - Ashley's blog name says it all. She's not afraid to post a review, good or bad. She's always honest and her reviews read like she's sitting right there with you telling you about the book. If I need a rec, she's one of my go to bloggers. But beware, if you agree to read one of her favorites, she will hold you to it! I don't mind though, sometimes I need the push. (Note to Ashley: no, I haven't finished a certain book, still been super busy! But if I don't read it before vacation next month, it's the first on the list! I don't care what is out then.)
2. Ginger at GReads! - Ginger is the newest blogger I've gotten to know and I'm so glad! Between books, TV shows and music there's never a dull moment in our conversations. She has introduced me to some amazing books, and there are still many more I haven't had the chance to read! I walk through the book store and a book catches my eye and I'll think "OH! G said that was a good one." She's also gotten me addicted to the awesome band SafetySuit. If you haven't heard them, check 'em out. Texas Forever!
3. Jamie from Writers Write, Right? - Not only is Jamie a writer (and on of my awesome critique partners) but he blogs about books, too! His Waiting on Wednesday posts always have me running over to goodreads and adding to my pile. This past Saturday he proved what a book fan he is by driving over 3 hours to go to a Jennifer Echols book signing! Since I couldn't make it (was in the SAME town but for a writers workshop) he brought along books for me (and Ginger) to get signed! How awesome is that?!
4. Katelyn at Katelyn's Blog! - My dear friend Katelyn, one of the nicest people on twitter EVER! She's the first book blogger that befriended me on twitter (we bonded over our hatred of packing...we are good procrastinators). My TBR pile doubled not long after meeting her. Her way with words makes every book look great. I add 99% of her reviewed books onto my TBR list, but I never mind because I know they'll be great. It may take me ten years to get through, but it'll be worth it. She's also gotten me addicted to a few bands, We The Kings (her favorite) and Artist vs Poet.
5. Melanie from A New Kind of Ordinary - Another one of my awesome critique partners, the TBR Thursday meme she created is always FILLED with incredible books (I bought 2 right away after reading it a few weeks ago). She's such a great friend and I can't wait for everyone to get a chance to read her contemporary book, Breathe, due out in November 11, 2011. It's amazing, just like her. She also introduced me to one of my new favorite (although canceled) shows, Firefly!
I know I've used the words awesome and amazing quite a few times, but I can't help it, it's true!
WARNING: hormone-induced rant ahead
3 days ago