Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tune In Tuesday {11}

Tune In Tuesday is a fun weekly post hosted by Ginger at GReads.  It's a great way to see what kind of music other people are loving.  I’ve seen these around and just had to join in the fun.


MESSAGE FROM G HERSELF: "*This week's post is a great opportunity to let you all know about Tune in Tuesday during the month ofOCTOBER.  I will be hosting another theme related Tune in Tuesday all month long, and this time it will be a SOUNDTRACK EDITION!  So find your favorite tunes you've heard on various movies, tv shows, or musicals and have them ready to go starting Tuesday, October 4th."


I'm keeping with my current trend and posting songs from another concert I went to. This was in March 2010, another great concert (although the first two bands, to me, sound better on CD than live, the last rocks both).


Flyleaf is an American rock band from Belton and Temple, Texas. The first song I heard from the group was I'm Alive. I fell in love and had to get the CD. This tour was for their second CD Memento Mori.
I'm Alive



Breaking Benjamin is an American rock band from Pennsylvania. This tour was for their newest CD, Dear 
Agony. Here's a few of my favorites.
The Diary of Jane-Love this song.
I Will Not Bow - Great song, amazing for working out







Three Days Grace is a Canadian rock band. I can't tell you how much I love them. I constantly listen to all of their CDs. To pick a favorite would be impossible. This tour consisted mainly of songs from the Life Starts 
Now CD. 
Last to Know - I listened to this CD a lot while reading Dear John and this song almost goes along with it perfectly. I tear up every time I hear it. Love it.
Riot - Great get pumped song! My little boy ADORES this song, he asks for RIOT all the time! It's our jam in the car song.

Get Out Alive - Love this song, has such a creepy vibe to it.

10 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

I'm not much of a Breaking Benjamin or Three Days Grace fan.. but I do like Flyleaf! "So I Thought" is a fave of mine :-)

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

I've seen these bands live a few time and they always bring it! Great picks!

Here's my Tune in Tuesday post!

Tee said...

Great picks for this week..I have always enjoyed Flyleaf

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

Flyleaf! Three Days Grace! Breaking Benjamin! Ack! Love your picks this week! These are some of my favorite bands!

Marissa said...

Oh you just picked the bands that I listen to the most. I use all three when I'm writing. Just love that BB is from my home state! WOOHOO!

Love your picks!
Marissa @ And many to read before I sleep

Marissa said...

Okay so I just LOVE that you have a Jack Kelly quote on your BLOG! And I'm completely green with envy you saw them all in concert. I missed it when they were in our town.

Katelyn said...

You got to see all three of these awesome bands at one time!?! I bet that was a brilliant concert! Flyleaf has such haunting, beautiful music and I just can't help but heart Three Days Grace & Breaking Benjamin!
p.s. LOVE the connection of the song with Dear John! You couldn't be more right!

Litza said...

I love all three of these bands! Especially Flyleaf... they rock. Thanks for sharing!

My Tune in Tuesday pick!

Anonymous said...

Wow! so many songs! I don't think I had heard them before! But they are cool.

I can't wait for soundtrack October! I keep thinking of songs!

Anonymous said...

I seriously LOVE all three of these bands!! Not kidding, when I'm feeling rebellious, I put in a mixed CD of these three and rock out. Hahaha, seriously though wooo! Good picks Mandie!!

Post a Comment