I was given "The Versatile Blogger Award" by the lovely Anita Grace Howard aka Anita Fajitas Margarita (so named by my wonderful sister in law Anna Zagar aka Anna Banana). I bet they both love me right now! So, now it's my turn to give this award to five other people.
1. Anne Kenny
5. Mallary Mott
I had to may to pick from, so I also decided to do the stylish blogger awards. Yeah, I cheated. It's my blog, I can do what I want!
1. Anna Zagar
2. Anita Howard
Here are the rules for both awards:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to five buddies whose blogs epitomize said theme.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
And now for my 7 Random Things...this is hard!
1. I'm 29 years old and still cut the crust off of my sandwiches and toast! Unless it's raisin toast. I just don't like it.
2. I love to dance. To make cleaning the house fun I put on my iPod and dance around. And I only worry a little bit about the fact that we have a glass window on our front door.
3. I hated my hair in high school. It was thick and wavy/curly/kinky/crazy and took me forever to fix it so it looked decent. I also hated that it was red (I was born blond and it just changed). Now I love being a red head because we are rare! And I do cry when a hair cut doesn't come out how I wanted (like when too much gets cut off). My hair is my thing. If I had to go out of the house with either hair or make up done, I'd choose hair hands down!
4. The show Unsolved Mysteries and Rescue 911 freaked me out when I was younger! I saw one episode of UM where someone spontaneously combusted and I had night mares! Then R 911 made me very cautious of escalators (look up episode 424 if you want more info).
5. I like the show The Suite Life of Zack and Cody on Disney and am a little sad to see them "graduate". I also like iCarly. Hey, my little boy likes them and it's way better than Sponge Bob (whom I do. Not. Like.)
6. I have OCD tendencies. If you can't tell by the fact that the winners are done in alphabetical order. Same thing with my books (by author), movies (by title), CDs (by artist), etc. I drive my family crazy when playing games that deal with cards or money (like Life or Monopoly) because I have to have them arranged perfectly!
7. Although I love reading, I hate being told what to read or what to get out of what I'm reading. I can't remember reading a single book in full during High School. I would read enough (skimming) to pass the tests or write the paper (I did well too, A's & B's). My AP class never read the interesting books! I would actually borrow books from the teacher from her regular English class and read those instead (they had the good books like The Outsiders).
Okay, seven random facts was a little hard, but fun! Thank you Anita. This was tons of fun! And great practice adding the links and pics.
Also, please forgive any mistakes on this post. My 3 1/2 year old thought it would be fun to climb on me and my chair while I tried to create it. He's happy reading and playing in his room until I decide to sit down for five minutes and do something for myself. He also tends to get up early on the days I can sleep in but sleep in on days I have to get up early. But I wouldn't trade him for anything.